Job Title :Pool Attendant / Lifeguard
Start Date :May 20 - 24, 2019
End Date :September 2, 2019
Skill Required :Advanced English skills for interacting with swimmers and pool patrons.
Detailed Description :Will be assigned a region and pool upon arrival. Responsible for constant, dedicated surveillance and monitoring of pools to
prevent accidents. Will need to rescue swimmers in danger, test the chlorine levels, safely handle pool chemicals, clean the pool and pool area (including
bathroom), and administer CPR/first aid as needed.
• Must be able to swim at least 100 yards, retrieve a 10lb brick from 8+ feet of water, & tread water for 2 minutes without using hands.
• Advanced English skills for interacting with swimmers and pool patrons.
• Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions, especially heat and sun.
• Must pass Lifeguard Certification in your home country and re-test upon arrival.
• Must pass pool operator exam or retest upon arrival, cost (up to $40) will be payroll deducted.
• Uniform: is required and will cost approximately $65 (payroll deducted)
• Social Security Number: 7-10 days after you check into the program you will apply for a social security card.
• You will be able to work before you receive your card.
Required Job Training :YES
Salary :$10.25 per hour.
Hours :Average of 40 hours per week over the course of the program. Modified pool schedule during first 2-3 weeks due to local school schedule.
Extra Hours :possible
Possibiliity of a 2nd Job :
Dress code :Uniform: is required and will cost approximately $65 (payroll deducted)
Housing :$115 per week, payroll deducted.
Housing Deposit Required :Overview of housing situation - Located in the area where you will work. Basic furnished apartment or hotel with kitchen. You will be responsible to keep your unit clean and to purchase all cleaning supplies and any additional utensils/amenities desired. A suggestion is to split these upon arrival with your roommates.
- Housing deposit of $200.00 is due prior to arrival. Each unit will have a monthly
utility allowance, $100 for 2 bedroom, $140 for 3 bedroom. Excess utilities over this allowance will be split
between residents and payroll deducted. One time linen fee of $40.00 will be payroll deducted, non-
refundable. Includes: sheets, towel, pillow, and blanket.
Transportation to work :-You will walk, bike, bus or take public transportation to work each day.
Meal benefits Required :
Nearest Airport :
Additional Information :
- Social Security Number: 7-10 days after you check into the program you will apply for a social security card.
You will be able to work before you receive your card.
- Weather – Hot and humid during the day, warm and humid during the evening. Temperatures range between
70 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit (24-38 degrees Celsius)
All information (pay rate, rent, deposit, etc.) is subject to change within reasonable mean
to reflect the nature of each placement without prior notice.