Job Title :LIFEGUARD
Start Date :May 15 - 31, 2019
End Date :August 15-20, 2019
Skill Required :Advanced Speaking English Skill.
Detailed Description :Lifeguards work at the Waterslides and Pools. This is a great position for someone who enjoys being in the sun and working with large groups of guests. Successfully completing Ellis & Associates International Lifeguard Training Certification is required for employment as a lifeguard. (3 day training & testing offered at the park. License, books & training costs of $50.00). *** Training is unpaid as participant must become Ellis Certified before beginning working as a lifeguard.
Be able to successfully complete physical requirements including swim test. (swim 200yd/183m, tread water without using your hands for 2 minutes, retrieve a 10lbs brick from the bottom of a 6.5ft pool and bring it to surface, in addition to other tasks). Complete 4 hours of in-service training each month to maintain certification. Be able to stand for long periods of time, in the sun, and extreme temperatures.Certain positions will be in the water all day. Must be dependable, responsible, courteous, have common sense and good judgment, while working with guests and team members of all ages.
Due to uncontrollable circumstances there may be times where 30 hours per week cannot be earned by the employee. For example, poor weather conditions may cause the closer of the park or employees to be sent home early. Although there may be some weeks participants will work less than 30 hours per week, many times employees will work as many as 40 hours per week.During busy parts of the season employees can expect to work 40 hours per week. Employees will "average" 32 hours per week over the course of their program. Participants must fulfill their schedule and job requirements with Big Kahuna’s at all times
**หน้าที่ LIFEGUARD DUTIES:,**
Position includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
1. Lifeguards are responsible first and foremost for the well being of our guests.
2. Prevention is the key to safety. Lifeguards provide a safe environment by enforcing and abiding by all water park and safety rules to avoid accidents.
3. Being a strong swimmer.
4. Being attentive and assertive while ensuring guests use all attractions safely and correctly.
5. Working outdoors under extreme weather conditions (rain or shine), while in the water.
6. Contributing to park clean up and maintaining clean work areas.
7. Be able to lift guests of all weights with the assistance of a backboard.
8. Perform physically as needed to complete rescues. *Interacting with park guests and providing information, in addition to other duties assigned by your supervisor.
9. Do NOT apply for this position if you are unable to swim or if you are allergic to the sun or pool chemicals.
(The Waterpark schedule is (Saturday & Sunday ONLY) Starting April 28th- May 13. Open 7 days a week on May 16,2018 . Then return to WEEKENDS ONLY August 25, 2018. Last day Sept 30,2018)
Required Job Training :n addition to becoming Ellis & Associates certified ( 3 day training and testing offered at the park) License, books & training costs of $50.00). Applicant must complete the unpaid training and pass the lifeguard test.
Hours :The "average" amount of hours you will work throughout your entire program will be 32 per week. Some weeks will be more, some may be less depending on weather. During busy parts of the season employees can expect to work 40 hours per week.
Extra Hours :possible
Possibiliity of a 2nd Job :Participants may obtain a second job while working at Big Kahuna’s, provided that the second job will not interfere with your assigned work schedule at Big Kahuna’s, therefore, you will need to work your 2nd job schedule around your Big Kahuna's schedule. Big Kahuna will not arrange your schedule around the schedule of a second job. . Intrax participants are not permitted to begin working at a second job without obtaining permission from Intrax first.
Dress code :$25 deposit that will be refunded if uniform is returned no later than 5 days after last day of work). Lifeguards are required to independently purchase athletic sandals (flip flops are not alolwed) and POLARIZED Sunglasses that meet uniform requirement
Housing Deposit Required :Housing will be reserved based on the start and end dates on participants’ job offers. (Taking into consideration you will be moving in a few days before your first work day and moving out a few days after your last work day). If a participant changes their mind and decides during the summer that they want to leave early, they are still responsible for fulfilling the housing contract and for paying the monthly rent until the end date specified on the rental contract. You will be asked to sign a housing contract and your housing will be reserved for you for the entire length of your work agreement. Participants who decide to quit their job and leave early are still responsible for fulfilling the housing contract and will be responsible for paying rent until the last day of their agreement.
1. If you would like to stay in Big Kahuna’s arranged housing you will need to make your reservation by paying the Housing Reservation Fee of $220.00 no later than March 30, 2018. [$220 Housing Reservation- Due in March 2018. This is non refundable and housing payment schedule will be given to you so you can see deductions from your paycheck for rent.]
2. If a participant you would like to request to stay in the same property with a friend, they can inform us during reservation. Please include all the participants’ names, email addresses and country.
3. Step by Step Instructions on how to reserve housing are being emailed to participants. The instructions may vary based on the country on origin.
4. Rent Cost: $110.00 per week, which will be paid bi-weekly by voluntary payroll deduction.
5. Electric is included up to $100.00 per month. Any electric bill over $100.00 per month will be paid by participants living in the apartment, who will share the cost of any bills over $100.00.
6. Housing orientation will be in the morning so most participants will probably need to book a hotel night when they arrive. Please review hotel/overnight stay options on page 4 of this document or online, so you can make arrangements for your overnight stay.
7. Housing will be reserved based on the start and end dates on participants’ job offers. (Taking into consideration you will be moving in a few days before your first work day and moving out a few days after your last work day).
8. If a participant changes their mind and decides during the summer that they want to leave early, they are still responsible for fulfilling the housing contract and for paying the monthly rent until the end date specified on the rental contract.
9. Employee housing will be located in multiple apartments throughout the area. Housing location is usually walking distance to the park, if not, Big Kahuna’s will provide transportation to and from work.
10. Apartments could have 1 to 3 bedrooms. Bedrooms will have 2 to 4 participants in each room.
11. Apartments will be furnished.
12. Some of the housing offers Wi-Fi in the apartment, others only offer Wi-fi in the common areas. Housing will be arranged based on gender. Males and Females will not be sharing the same housing. Big Kahuna’s will contact you with your housing move in date and information once your US VISA and arrival date have been confirmed.
13. The participants arriving on the weeks of May 2st and May 8th , who will only be working to 2 to 3 days on each one of those 2 weeks, will not be charge full rent for those weeks. If participant is working a full week (32 hours) rent will be charged. If the J1 participant fulfills the terms of his/her contract from its start date to contract's end date, the participant will get reimbursed/their paid rent money back for the weeks of August 28, September 5 and September 11, depending on your scheduled departure date.
*** สำคัญ *** If a participant is terminated or quits Big Kahuna’s, they will be removed from housing.*** สำคัญ ***
Transportation to work :Walking; Bicycle; Bus. Some housing will be located within Walking or Biking Distance of Big Kahuna. If your apartment is located outside of walking/biking distance to work Big Kahuna will be arranging transportation options for you.
Meal benefits Required :50% meal discount off selected items at park.
Nearest Airport :Pensacola International Airport (PNS) / Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS)
Additional Information :
All information (pay rate, rent, deposit, etc.) is subject to change within reasonable mean
to reflect the nature of each placement without prior notice.