Lahaina is a location that is experienced by two million people, or approximately 80% percent of all of Maui tourism per year. Lahaina has over a thousand years of rich history, and was the capital of the Kingdom of Hawaii from 1820 to 1845. From beaches to restaurants, Lahaina has some of the best attractions Maui has to offer. Lahaina’s Front Street (where Bubba Gump’s is located) has been ranked one of the “Top Ten Greatest Streets” by the American Planning Association. Enjoy a relaxing stroll, and if rest is needed, please take a break under the massive Banyan tree located in the town square. Population: 11,704
Job Title :Server (*ว่าง 1 ตำแหน่ง*)
Host, Hostess *เต็ม*
Kitchen Help (*เต็ม*)
*สำหรับนักศึกษาที่เลือกงานนี้จะต้องชำระค่าสัมภาษณ์ $70 ภายใน 1 วันหลังจากวันที่สมัคร
Start Date :May 1 - June 1, 2019
End Date :July 31 - September 5, 2019 *student must be able to work until the end date required by the employer.
Skill Required :Advanced English skills for interacting with customers, must pass Discovery Training and lifeguard training upon arrival to be offered a job.
Detailed Description :Very fast paced environment. Will be on your feet the entire shift. Must have great customer service skills and language skills to communicate with guests.
- Duties include: greet and seat guests in a courteous and proficient manner, restocking host station, take guest reservations over the phone and in person.
- Must have a great team attitude, and be a dependable, hard working, friendly and very trustworthy and honest individual.
- May be cross-trained in other departments as needed.Must like dealing with people and be professional and have an outgoing personality.
- Requires attention to detail, punctuality, and a great service attitude & team spirit.
- Follow all safety policies, interact positively with the guests and other crew members.
- You will be standing the entire shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry 25lb/11kg.
Duties include but are not limited to: Dishwasher - wash pots and pans by hand in very hot water, and use the dishwashing machine for glasses, dishes, and cutlery and then stack clean items in appropriate area. Will also be removing trash and helping keep the kitchen area clean. Food Prep - prepare food items for cooking. Clean, wash, stock restaurant supplies and equipment while maintaining a clean work area. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, follow directions and read safety manual. Must be able to lift heavy items, bend, stoop, reach items on high shelves. Must be able to stand for your entire shift and be able to lift up to 50lb/23kg. Must be dependable, hard working, friendly and be a very trustworthy and honest individual.
Includes taking orders, serving guests food and drinks, maintaining excellent customer service throughout the meal (checking drinks, clearing plates), lifting heavy trays and full containers of dirty dishes, carrying to kitchen, stocking waitress station. Must have a positive attitude, be understanding and compassionate in a friendly and helpful way. Must like dealing with people and be professional and have an outgoing personality. Requires attention to detail, punctuality, and a great service attitude & team spirit. Follow all safety policies, interact positively with the guests and other crew members. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and be quick on your feet. Could be cross-trained in another areas.
Required Job Training :Yes, Training will be provided.
Salary :Host = $10.10 per hour / Server = $9.35 per hour / Kitchen Help = $13.00 per hour
Hours :Average 32 - 40 hours / week
Extra Hours :possible
Possibiliity of a 2nd Job :It is possible to work a 2nd job, however you must notify your visa sponsor and a 2nd job must not interfere with your work schedule or job performance.
Dress code :- Employer provides the shirt and name tag.
- You must bring dark blue denim jeans (new, no holes, and loose fitting).
- You must also bring black slip-resistant shoes.
- Conservative make-up may be worn by female employees only.
- Hairstyles must be conservative, neat and clean.
- All hairstyles must be one natural colour.
- Men’s hairstyles should not extend over the top of the uniform collar or below mid ear.
- Women’s hair longer than shoulder length must be tied back.
- Men may have a fully grown in, well-maintained mustache, beard or goatee.
- Otherwise you must be clean shaven daily.
- Mustaches may protrude no lower than the lip and sideburns no lower than the earlobe.
- Jewellry should be minimal and conservative: Men are not permitted to wear an earring(s).
- For women, pierced jewellry will be allowed only in the ear and limited to no more than two per ear.
- Earrings may be no more than one inch in length and diameter.
- Absolutely no other body piercings can be visible. Rings may be worn with no more than one per hand.
- Necklaces should be worn underneath the uniform top.
- Good hygiene must be maintained, including daily showering,use of deodorant and laundered clothes.
Housing :Must Arrange Own ** นักศึกษาต้องหาบ้านพักด้วยตนเอง**หรือติดต่อขอข้อมูลแนะนำบ้านพักจากทางองค์กรแลกเปลี่ยนได้
Housing Deposit Required :- Must Arrange Own ** นักศึกษาต้องหาบ้านพักด้วยตนเอง**หรือติดต่อขอข้อมูลแนะนำบ้านพักจากทางองค์กรแลกเปลี่ยนได้
- Students must arrange their own housing in Maui, Hawaii.
Transportation to work :Depends on where is your housing located. You will need to take public transportation to your job.
Meal benefits Required :Discount
Nearest Airport :Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL) then domestic flight to Kahului Airport (OGG)
Additional Information :
All information (pay rate, rent, deposit, etc.) is subject to change within reasonable mean
to reflect the nature of each placement without prior notice.