Job Title :Grill Cook / Dishwasher
Start Date :May 5 - June 15, 2019
End Date :August 5 - September 5, 2019
Skill Required :Must have Advanced English/ Must be able to work in a team / Must be well organized
Detailed Description :The following is a list of what Cracker Barrel considers the essential functions for the Grill Cook position. While this list is not an all-inclusive job description, it is important for each employee to read and have a clear understanding of these duties that are considered fundamental to the Grill Cook position. If there is a function listed for which you may need a reasonable accommodation, notify your manager. These functions will be reviewed periodically for accuracy. CrackerBarrel reserves the right to change, add to, or delete items from the list at any time. The Grill Cook serves guests by correctly preparing menu items, providing guests with the highest quality experience possible.
Basic Job Duties
- Ability to broil, grill, or saute
- Ability to handle knives
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment
- Coordinate food orders to support timely and efficient delivery to each table
- Ensure proper food safety and sanitation standards to ensure guest safety
- Follow receipt and presentation guidelines to meet or exceed guests expectations
- Label food and ensure proper rotation
- Prepare high quality food items to order for our guests
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to be on our feet and alert for extended periods of time
- Must have upbeat, outgoing, and positive attitude
• Performing duties which require bending & reaching
• Standing, for up to 8+ hours
• Maintaining a well-groomed appearance
• Following all uniform guidelines
• Practicing all general safety & sanitation standards
• Demonstrating a high level of organization, attention-to-detail and a sense-of-urgency
• Displaying a positive and outwardly friendly attitude toward guests
The Dishwasher is responsible for washing all forms of dishes/pans and keeping the kitchen clean, stocked and organized. You will also have other cleaning responsibilities including floors, counters, ovens, and other areas of the kitchen. You will be asked to take out trash, stock supplies and assist the cooks as needed. This is a physical demanding job that requires someone who is motivated and willing to work hard. Please do not have allergies to cleaning chemicals. Must have upbeat, outgoing, and positive attitude
• Bending & Reaching
• Lifting to 100-pound
• Standing for 8 hours or more
• Maintaining a clean work area.
• Communicating professionally with co-workers
• Operating a dish machine
• Cleaning Dishes
• Stocking products
• Recycling products
• Remaining calm in a hectic fast-paced atmosphere
• Demonstrating a high level of organization attention-to-detail and a sense-of-urgency
Required Job Training :YES
Salary :Grill Cook : $9.00 / Dishwasher : $9.00
Hours :You will work an average of 32 hours per week over the course of your program. Some weeks may be more and some weeks may be less, depending on business. Your overall work hours will average 32 hours a week, or more, over the course of your program.
Extra Hours :possible
Possibiliity of a 2nd Job :Second jobs are permitted. Employees must be available for every shift they are scheduled to work at Cracker Barrel and their second job must not interfere with their work performance.
Dress code :Pastel shirt button up oxford shirt, black or brown pants or khaki pants, dark non-slip shoes and socks required
Housing Deposit Required :Housing depended on store.
Transportation to work :Walking; Bicycle only 0.5 miles from Cracker Barrel
Meal benefits Required :Discount
Nearest Airport :McGhee Tyson Airport (Knoxville, TN)
Additional Information :
All information (pay rate, rent, deposit, etc.) is subject to change within reasonable mean
to reflect the nature of each placement without prior notice.