Job Title :Team Member
*(based on availability and employer discretion only)*
Start Date :May 10 - 15, 2019
End Date :August 31 - September 5, 2019
Skill Required :Intermediate - Upper Intermediate (Strong English required. Must be familiar with American Currency. Great Guest Service Skills Required Exhibit and use good manners, proper personal hygiene, positive attitude, and promptness. Able to stand on your feet for entire shift.)
Detailed Description :Dairy Queen, often abbreviated DQ, is a chain of soft serve ice cream and fast food restaurants located throughout the United States as well as in several other countries. Every day, across the globe, DQ serves up an experience that makes customers feel at home. From warm smiles to swift service, the DQ staff makes customers come back for more. This is a fast paced, high energy job where you will have the opportunity to meet and interact with thousands of Americans and visitors from all over the World. Come experience Island life, in the Outer Banks, and work at one of America's most famous ice cream stores. The beaches of the Atlantic Ocean and the fun of working at Dairy Queen await you!
Prepare Ice cream and grill orders for customers and ensure a clean work area including stocking, cleaning and maintaining all customer areas in a clean, safe, pleasant manner. Crew Member will be assigned in the overall business operations of the store from DQ products preparation, cashiering, maintaining adequate supply of materials, performing cleaning duties to include all areas of store: front counter, seating area, storeroom, dishes and utensils, walk-in cooler, accommodations. The participant should be able to know the local currency effectively for cashiering, know proper etiquette for food preparation and business standards, and have a strong command of the English language for customer service.
- Communicate clearly, quickly and politely with co-workers to ensure correct order is served to the customers.
- Prepare ice cream products and grill orders following restaurant, health and safety standards and procedures quickly and accurately.
- Be pleasant and alert to customer needs.
- Properly and safely operate and maintain restaurant equipment.
- Work as a “team” member to assure constant and consistent quality, service, cleanliness and value to each customer.
- Clean work area, organize and stock needed items.
- Move various ice cream, paper and cleaning items from other sections of building (or outside building) to immediate work area.
- Stocks and executes proper rotation of products.
- Completes assigned prep work for stocking and set up of ice cream and grill area.
- Controls food production process.
- Cleans ice cream and grill areas thoroughly at the end of every day as assigned by a manager or shift leader.
- Wash counters, tables, restrooms, trash receptacles, gather trash and remove from dining/service areas to proper receptacle,
- sweep, mop, stock and other cleaning tasks.
- Occasional need to be out of building (i.e., parking lot, freezer, trash container areas, etc.) for parking lot pick-up, trash
- removal and other maintenance and cleaning activities.
- Informs immediate supervisor promptly of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by management staff or shift leaders.
Maintains a positive working relationship with all restaurant employees to foster and promote a cooperative and pleasant working climate. Communicates all significant issues, both positive and negative, with management staff. Must be able to perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant including moving and responding quickly for long periods of time. Must be able to work in and out of different temperature ranges. Handling food/drinks/treats and food/drink/treat products constantly. Capability to stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Interact with the public and co-workers constantly during shifts. Must be able to read order monitors. Recall and communication of products and contents.
Required Job Training :Employer reserves the right to conduct random drug testing.
Hours :Average 32-40 hours / week
Extra Hours :possible ($13.50)
Possibiliity of a 2nd Job :It is possible for participants to obtain a second job, but the second job must not interfere with the schedule for your job at Dairy Queen.
Dress code :You must bring your own slip resistant shoes. Athletic shoes only. No open toed shoes permitted. Employer will provide company shirts.
Housing Deposit Required :Housing deposit of $100 due on arrival. Waves housing is approximately 1 mile from work site. Avon housing is approx. 16 miles from Work Site. Transportation to and from work will be provided by your employer if you are residing in the Avon housing.
Transportation to work :Bus / Bike / Walk
Meal benefits Required :Discount
Nearest Airport :Norfolk International Airport (ORF) You will need to arrange for transportation from the airport to Waves, NC or take a bus to Elizabeth City, NC and make travel arrangements from there. The airport is approximately 2.5 hours away from Waves, North Carolina
Additional Information :
The town of Waves is home to two of the Outer Banks, and arguably the East Coast’s, biggest water sports companies, features a small number of charming restaurants and cafes, and offers superb access to gorgeous oceanfront and soundfront beaches. Waves may be a small town, but it’s big on coastal appeal, and you will surely love the quiet beaches, charming shops, and miles of water to play in and explore.
All information (pay rate, rent, deposit, etc.) is subject to change within reasonable mean
to reflect the nature of each placement without prior notice.