Students will experience cultural activities, annual celebrations and colleague activities throughout the season. Fairmont Orchid appreciates and welcomes our international Work & Travel participants each season. Numerous things to see and do in Hawaii including: Luau’s; employee parties and potlucks; low cost excursions around the islands; shopping with host family and co-workers. You also may have occasional use of recreational equipment upon approval on non-peak days.
Job Title :Steward
*สำหรับนักศึกษาที่เลือกงานนี้จะต้องชำระค่าสัมภาษณ์ $70 ภายใน 1 วันหลังจากวันที่สมัคร
Start Date :May 15 - June 15, 2019
End Date :August 30 - September 5, 2019
Skill Required :Advanced English.
Detailed Description :- This position is very fast paced! Ensure servers have dishes/silverware required & guests have clean dishes.
- Must like people & have a great attitude you will be working directly with guests Requires attention to detail, punctuality, a great service attitude & team spirit.
- Sort/stack dishes; load/unload dishwasher.
- Sort/stack/store all cleaned items in organized & safe manner.
- Ensure all broken/chipped items are removed from circulation & inventoried.
- Ensure all floors are dry & clean at all times. Must be able to remain calm.
- Must lift up to 30 lbs (14 kg), as well as bend, kneel & stand for entire shift & be quick on your feet.
- Must be dependable, hard working, friendly and be a very trustworthy and honest individual.
- You may not get the same days off as your friends.
- The work schedule can change. Follow all policies & procedures.
- Maintain clean & safe work environment. Employer guarantees 32 hours minimum per week.
- You may be cross-trained as well in other departments which may include room attendant and food & beverage.
- Schedule & department may fluctuate, must be flexible.
- Pay varies by department.
- Some departments & positions may include tips, this does not guarantee you will always be in that position or making tips.
- Department & schedule will be determined by management.
- YOU MUST COMPLETE THE ONLINE ASSESSMENT WITHIN 2 DAYS AFTER BEING INTERVIEWED OR YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE JOB! NO - EXCEPTIONS! This position is subject to Union Dues.
Required Job Training :Yes. . Must submit proof of TB clearance to CHI within 8 days of your employer interview. Must pass drug test before being allowed to work. Your first few days at your main position, you will be completing your Job Certification. You must pass your drug test to be employed
Salary :$8.50/hr ( Tips: possibly )
Hours :Average 32 - 40 hours / week
Extra Hours :There is a slight chance for overtime, but it must be approved by management first
Possibiliity of a 2nd Job :Slight chance. Any other position must in no way conflict with your primary job
Dress code :Employer supplies shirt. You will wear a pair of all black, non-slip, closed toed shoes. Regular tennis/running shoes are not acceptable in kitchen. You can order through employer prior to arrival (payment will be deducted from first paycheck). You must bring a pair of black pants and a pair of khaki pants in case of a department change. Bring sunblock, cool/casual clothes, resort wear if on property - business/casual wear.
Hair must be pulled back at all times & clean. No visible tattoos. Ear piercing only & no more than two piercings per ear. Good hygiene must be maintained, including daily showering, use of deodorant and laundered clothes.
This position is a Union Dues/Fee job at Fairmont. After 30 days of employment, 2.5% of your gross earnings and a fee of $6.00 per month will be deducted on your paychecks for union dues. YOU MUST COMPLETE ONLINE ASSESSMENT WITHIN 2 DAYS AFTER INTERVIEWED OR YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE JOB! NO EXCEPTIONS! Employer requires an employer interview as well as being interviewed by CHI.
Housing Deposit Required :- Dormitory Style.
- Deposit $350 / person
- Your deposit will be deducted from your first two paychecks at the cost of $175 per paycheck.
- A portion of the deposit may be refunded at the end of your program if the housing is left in clean and undamaged condition.
- Utilities estimated cost per month $50 per student per month
- Student may be required to sign separate housing contract.
Employer may house some students in dorm room and others will be with host families. You must be flexible and accept either housing presented. No students will be housed farther than a 20 minute commute from work. Employer will supply your housing option to you a month before you are due to arrive. Please contact your visa sponsor Coordinator for further information about the housing options.
Transportation to work :Walking.
Transportation will vary depending on where you are housed. You may need to take the Heleon bus, but there also may be an option for sharing rides with your co-workers or walking or biking to work.
This is a dorm room on site. Ten yards away from dormitory are shower/toilet facilities. Dorm has no kitchen, but you will have access to the employer's cafeteria.
Meal benefits Required :Complimentary breakfast, lunch & dinner in employee cafeteria while on shift.
Nearest Airport :Kona International Airport (KOA)
Additional Information :
All information (pay rate, rent, deposit, etc.) is subject to change within reasonable mean
to reflect the nature of each placement without prior notice.