Job Title :Supermarket Associate
Start Date :March 29, 2019
End Date :June 12, 2019
Skill Required :Advanced English Skill.
Detailed Description :- Supermarket Associate All participants are hired in as Supermarket Associate Positions.
- Specific position in the supermarket will be determined during Orientation with Store Manager.
- Positions will be mutually agreed upon for best fit for participant.
- Once a position has been assigned, participants will be expected to work in their assigned department for the duration of their program.
- Positions and role requirements are not gender specific.
- All positions may require standing for the entire duration of the shift.
- All Associates must provide quality customer service to customers, engage and interact with customers to create a positive shopping experience.
- Understand and adhere to Food Safety guidelines and procedures, adhere to all company guidelines, policies and procedures.
- The attached descriptions are general summaries and may not encompass all responsibilities; duties may change as instructed by management.
- Must meet productivity standards established by Food Lion.
- Please see attached for detailed position descriptions.
PARTICIPANTS MUST ARRIVE TO US ON 3/28.
- Schedule is 3/28: Arrival to Norfolk, Transfer to Elizabeth City.
- 3/29: Orientation, Social Security Office Visit, Transport to Housing.
- Participants will be required to handle all types of food in various roles.
- Please be sure you have no allergies or restrictions that will prevent you from handling seafood, meat (pork), dairy, produce, etc and thus prevent you from doing your job.
- Employer will not accommodate a second job's schedule.
- Couples will be scheduled as individuals based on store's staffing needs and cannot accommodate schedule requests to work together.
Required Job Training :Yes
Salary :$10.50 per hour
Hours :Average 32 - 40 hours / week
Extra Hours :possible
Possibiliity of a 2nd Job :Second jobs may not interfere in any way with their job at Food Lion.
Dress code :Uniform
Housing :$125 /week/person
Housing Deposit Required :$225.00 Prior to arrival - PARTICIPANT HOUSING MUST BE IN THE SAME CONDITION AS WHEN MOVED IN (cleaned, and no damages)
Transportation to work :Walk / Bike / Bus
Meal benefits Required :
Nearest Airport :Norfolk International Airport (ORF)
Additional Information :
All information (pay rate, rent, deposit, etc.) is subject to change within reasonable mean
to reflect the nature of each placement without prior notice.