Job Title :Restaurant Worker / Room Attendant / Water park Attendant / Retail Store Worker
Start Date :Mar 7, 2021
End Date :Jun 5, 2021 ***student must be able to work until the end date required by the employer.
Skill Required :Advanced English Skill
Detailed Description :Restaurant Worker
- Restaurant Worker
- Dishwasher, busser, food runner (running items to/from buffet line) and possible light food prep work (prepping basic ingredients for cooks to use). Depending on English level, may be asked to work Front of House and run a register.
- Serve guests and maintain daily operations of the gift shop.
- Cleans guest suites in an allotted period determined by management using the proper procedures and chemicals provided by management.
- Interact with guests in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- Provide exceptional guest service in order to enhance the guest experience in the water park.
- Provide general assistance to guests, including answering questions about the resort, pools, rides and attractions.
- Monitoring the well-being of guests and responding to emergency situations both in and out of water. Includes providing emergency first aid as necessary.
- Enforcing established rules, complying with regulations, and maintaining professional lifeguarding practices.
- Maintaining a constant alertness to what our hundreds of guests are doing, preventing accidents and assisting swimmers in distress. Should an emergency occur, Waterpark Attendants are responsible for taking quick and decisive action and providing emergency care.
- Throughout their shift, Waterpark Attendants are also expected to play an important role in keeping the resort clean and comfortable.
- All of these important responsibilities must be fulfilled while working either inside in a humid environment or outside in the elements – heat, humidity, rain, and wind. Long periods of standing are required.
- Advises waterpark management of unsafe and unsanitary conditions.
- Possesses a general knowledge of the waterpark pools and attractions.
- Must read and sign skill acknowledgement and terms of agreement.
Be able to successfully complete physical requirements including swim test. (swim 300meters, tread water without using your hands for 2 minutes, retrieve a 10lbs brick from the bottom of a 6.5ft pool and bring it to surface, in addition to other tasks). Complete 4 hours of in-service training each month to maintain certification. Be able to stand for long periods of time, in the sun, and extreme temperatures.Certain positions will be in the water all day. Must be dependable, responsible, courteous, have common sense and good judgment, while working with guests and team members of all ages.
Position includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
1. Lifeguards are responsible first and foremost for the well being of our guests.
2. Prevention is the key to safety. Lifeguards provide a safe environment by enforcing and abiding by all water park and safety rules to avoid accidents.
3. Being a strong swimmer.
4. Being attentive and assertive while ensuring guests use all attractions safely and correctly.
5. Working outdoors under extreme weather conditions (rain or shine), while in the water.
6. Contributing to park clean up and maintaining clean work areas.
7. Be able to lift guests of all weights with the assistance of a backboard.
8. Perform physically as needed to complete rescues. *Interacting with park guests and providing information, in addition to other duties assigned by your supervisor.
9. Do NOT apply for this position if you are unable to swim or if you are allergic to the sun or pool chemicals.
Required Job Training :Water park Attendant : Swim 50 yards in 4 ft. of water and retrieve a 10 lb brick at bottom of pool. If participants fail drug test, they will no longer have a position with Great Wolf Lodge.
Salary :Restaurant Worker: $11 / Room Attendant : $10.50 / Waterpark Attendant: $10.25 / Retail Store Worker: $10.75 per hour (Rate is subject to change)
Hours :Average 32-40 hours / week
Extra Hours :possible
Possibiliity of a 2nd Job :Possible
Dress code :Lifeguard :
Females may bring a solid-colored (one color only, no patterns) one-piece bathing suit to wear as a part of your lifeguard uniform. Males must purchase swim shorts from company for the uniform. Lifeguard uniform cost range from $50-75 USD. Uniforms will be purchased through Great Wolf Lodge and deducted from paycheck. Students are responsible for providing their own footware (flip flops or other water sandal).
The other uniform items will be purchased through the Resort and deducted from paycheck and cost will vary from $70 - $100.
-Black closed-toed shoes (cannot be a tennis shoe)
-Black pants or slacks (cannot be leggings or tights)
Housing :$90 / week / person (Rate is subject to change)
Housing Deposit Required :$300.00 deposit. Dorm style rooms with 3 XL Twin bed's in each room. Wi-Fi, common kitchen on each floor of dorm buildings, refrigerator and microwave in each unit, private bath in each unit, recreational building and outdoor areas, bicycle parking, convenient for shuttle and taxi services. (Rate is subject to change)
Transportation to work :Walk / Bike
Meal benefits Required :Employee discounts on food and retail items. Employee rate on park admission. Good performance is rewarded with tokens that are redeemable for various prizes.
Nearest Airport :Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD)
Additional Information :
All information (pay rate, rent, deposit, etc.) is subject to change within reasonable mean
to reflect the nature of each placement without prior notice.