Job Title :Rides operators, Food and Beverage Personnel
Start Date :May 5- 30, 2019
End Date :August 15, 2019
Skill Required :English Level : Conversational Able to communicate effectively in a professional manner with co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, vendors, and Lagoon guests. - Able to learn and understand all policies and procedures pertinent to the department and the job. - Able to make quick and effective decisions. - Able to complete basic math calculations. - Able to follow verbal and written directions. -Able to follow safety practices and be safety conscious. - Able to deal with guests in a friendly, but firm manner. - Able to work effectively independently as well as with a group. - Able to learn, comprehend, and enforce Lagoon policies and procedures. - Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. - Able to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner. - Able to learn and operate a cash register and credit card machines quickly and efficiently at the same time as interacting with our guests. - Able to accept, handle, and make change with U.S. currency. - Able to follow daily operational and closing procedures in order to maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization in all work areas. - Able to respond quickly to unusual situations during normal operation, including power failure and fire alarms. - Able to handle minor complaints and suggestions from our guests in a calm and professional manner. - Clean work area daily or more often, as needed. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. - Able to regularly use hands to finger, handle, and feel. - Must have full use of hands, arms and legs to reach and operate equipment. - Able to move equipment which would include pushing, pulling, bending, and lifting. - Able to stand and/or walk for up to (8) hours. - Able to walk quickly to/from job locations up to 1 (one) kilometer distance. - Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. - Must have good hearing and visual acuity to observe equipment, Lagoon guests, etc. - Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. - Able to read and understand daily checklists. - Able to speak to give other employees and guests verbal instructions. - Able to work in a considerably noisy environment from equipment and amusement rides. - Able to perform work duties outside in varying weather conditions prevalent at the time. - Requires early arrivals and/or late night departures. All Food and Beverage employees are required to obtain a valid Davis County Food Handler’s Permit and to follow all food safety guidelines as outlined by the Davis County Department of Environmental Health, as well as Lagoon’s policies and procedures.
Detailed Description :Position Description:
Under general supervision, the Food And Beverage Employee is responsible for performing a variety of duties while properly operating Lagoon’s food concession stands in accordance to Lagoon’s policies and procedures. Food And Beverage Employee prepare and serve food to Lagoon’s guests and follow proper sanitation procedures to keep a clean and orderly work area.
- Food And Beverage Employees will be taking guests’ orders at food locations and must have the ability to handle cash, operate a cash register and credit card machine, as well as count back change in accordance to Lagoon’s cash handling and cash control policies and procedures.
- The Food And Beverage Employee will prepare, cook, and serve food products as trained by Food Management in an efficient and timely manner.
- The Food And Beverage Employee will complete daily cleaning inside and outside before, during, and after the operational hours of the food service locations. Cleaning duties will include washing windows, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, cleaning counters, wiping guest tables, emptying garbage cans, and cleaning food service equipment including warmers, ovens, dishwashers, shelves, fridges, freezers, etc.
- The Food And Beverage Employee must monitor and respond to inappropriate guest behavior, including enforcing rules and restrictions, regulating guests’ actions, and requesting assistance from Security and the Food Supervisors if necessary.
- The Food And Beverage Employee will operate food service locations during normal and unusual conditions.
- The Food And Beverage Employee must exhibit a high degree of motivation toward ensuring guest satisfaction by displaying an aggressively friendly approach to service guests. In addition, the Food And Beverage Employee must be able to deal with many guests each day in a positive and friendly manner.
- Closely monitor food area to ensure a safe operation and prevent theft.
- The Food And Beverage Employee must be flexible to work in different food service locations and must be knowledgeable in all work stations.
- During training periods, the Food And Beverage Employee must be able to read and assimilate information provided in the Food Division’s Manual and the Seasonal Employee Handbook, and comprehend verbal instructions from the training Food Area Supervisor. Food employees are required to exhibit an orientation to sales, and subsequently, employees are required to exhibit adequate communication skills.
- The Food And Beverage Employee will be working around high noise levels resulting from amusement rides and various food service equipment. The Food Service Worker must be able to remain focused on the job while dealing with interruptions from guests and/or other employee contact.
- All other duties as assigned by management
Under general supervision, The Ride Operator is responsible for the proper operation of amusement rides and attractions including assisting guests in loading and unloading of ride and restraining systems, operating the ride using control panels, communicating safety instructions, and observing the ride while in motion in accordance with Lagoon’s Policies and Procedures. The Ride Operator
will also be enforcing all park policies and safety guidelines in accordance with Lagoon’s Policies and Procedures.
- Each morning the Ride Operator will clean the ride area, perform safety inspections, and maintain ride cleanliness throughout the day, including sweeping ride enclosures, cleaning ride structures, seats, and other miscellaneous duties.
- The Ride Operator will operate amusement rides during normal and unusual situations and different modes of operation. The Ride Operator will closely monitor the ride and guests to affect safe operation.The Ride Operator will direct guests to the ride to load and unload in a safe efficient manner, including assisting children on and off rides.The Ride Operator will respond quickly to unusual situations during normal operation, including power failure, operating system faults or shutdowns, smoke alarms, and guest evacuation.
- The Ride Operator provides verbal instructions to guests at the start of each ride and in some cases during the ride cycle. The Ride Operator shall check for proper hand stamps and collect ride tickets and shall deposit them into the proper ticket box.The Ride Operator monitors and responds to inappropriate guest behavior, to enforce rules and restrictions, regulate guests’ actions, and request assistance from Security and the Area Supervisor as needed.
- The Ride Operator must exhibit a high degree of motivation toward providing guest satisfaction by displaying a friendly approach to service guests.In addition, the Ride Operator must be able to deal with many guests each day in a positive and friendly manner. The Ride Operator must be flexible to work at different ride and/or attraction positions and must be knowledgeable of all work stations requirements and functions.
- During training periods, the Ride Operator must be able to read and assimilate information provided in the Ride Division Manual and the Seasonal Employee Handbook, and comprehend verbal instructions from the training Area Supervisor.
- The Ride Operator will be working around high noise levels resulting from amusement rides and various equipment. The Ride Operator must be able to remain focused on the job while dealing with interruptions from guests and/or other employee contact.
- The Ride Operator must be willing to conform to Lagoon’s grooming and personal hygiene requirements and wear the proper issued uniform. A neat, clean, professional appearance is required at all times.
- The Ride Operator must be willing and able to perform all other job duties and assignments as assigned by management.
Required Job Training :Yes
Salary :$9.50 / hour + $0.5 per hour bonus* An employee cafeteria with discounted meals is provided on the park. Any meals purchased in the cafeteria will be payroll deducted. Each participant may be eligible for an “end of season bonus” of $0.50 per hour worked. To be eligible for the “end of season bonus,” the participant must work until the end date agreed upon by the participant and Lagoon. See David Gray for additional information and any exceptions to this date.(*Rates are subject to change)
Hours :Average Hours/Week: Lagoon will provide on average 40 hours per week over the course of June, July, and August. However, employees may work 50 to 60 hours per week depending on the desire of the employee, employee performance, and business levels. Typical Schedule: 40 hours per week over the course of June, July, and August. However, employees, upon request, may choose to work up to 55 hours per week depending on employee performance and business level. Must be willing and able to work flexible hours b/w 7am to 1am.
Extra Hours :
Possibiliity of a 2nd Job :Yes
Dress code :Participant must provide tan pants, no cargo pants allowed. Shoes must be closed-toe and a solid color such as white, black, gray or brown.
Housing :Housing cost is $97.00 per week. All housing is “Apartment Style” housing with kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. Lagoon will provide each apartment with a bed mattress pillow and sheets. All other apartment furnishing will be the participant’s responsibility upon arrival. Apartments are located at Weber State University which does not permit alcohol on the premise or in the apartment. All housing is NON SMOKING. Each apartment will have (4) four persons per apartment and (1) one person per bedroom. Each participant will be required to sign a LAGOON HOUSING AGREEMENT upon arrival. Participants must remain employed with Lagoon and remain in the Intrax Work/Travel program to stay in the housing facilities. Participants who vacate the housing prior to August 15, for any reason, will continue to be responsible for the weekly rent and will forfeit their entire housing deposit. Company Provides Transportation: Transportation between Lagoon and the housing locations will be offered by Lagoon. Lagoon shuttles will run before park opening and after park closing only. There are no midday shuttles provided. Although Lagoon provides a shuttle each participant is still responsible for getting them self to work at their scheduled time and back home again.(*Rates are subject to change)
Housing Deposit Required :A required $225 housing deposit is also required for each participant. Housing Deposits paid with a credit card online at
prior to arrival, will only be charged $200.
Participants who have not paid the required housing deposit prior to arrival will be charged $220 through a payroll deduction. A $100 refund may be available upon departure based on the condition (cleanliness damage etc.) of the apartment or any unpaid rent.
More details on the housing deposit refund will appear on the Lagoon Housing Agreement.
(*Rates are subject to change)
Transportation to work :Transportation between lagoon and the Housing will be provided free of charge by a Lagoon shuttle. Shuttles will run before park opening and after park closing only. Shuttles will only be provided on weekends in May and September (through September 15th). Although Lagoon provides a shuttle each participant is still responsible for getting them self to work at their scheduled time and back home again.
Meal benefits Required :
Nearest Airport :Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC)
Additional Information :
Lagoon is only open on weekends in September and October. Beginning in late August hours available to work will decrease.
All information (pay rate, rent, deposit, etc.) is subject to change within reasonable mean
to reflect the nature of each placement without prior notice.