Job Title :Amusement Park Worker could be placed in:
- Ride Operations
- Retail, Games
- Food Service
- Waterpark Attendant
- Park Services.
All positions involve cleaning!
Start Date :March 23 - April 13, 2020 (Depend on employer)
End Date :June 4, 2020 (Depend on employer)
Skill Required :Advanced English skills for interacting with customer.
Detailed Description :Amusement Park Worker – Will be assigned upon arrival, could be placed in: Ride Operations, Retail, Games, Food Service, Park Services. All positions involve standing for the duration of your shift (8-10+ hours), daily exposure to the sun and weather, and cleaning!
- Must be able to: swim 50 yards and retrieve a 10lb brick in 5 feet of water, be comfortable in water, work outside, stand for long periods of time and be willing to test your ride each day
- Must understand seasonal industry, shifts may be shortened as needed and determined by your department. This effects all employees.
Social Security Number - Approximately seven days after you check into the program you will apply for a social security card. You will be able to work BEFORE you receive your card.
- Must pass Discovery and Department Training upon arrival to be offered a job. Massachusetts is overtime exempt for seasonal employers. Per state law workers have a right to at least a 30 minute meal break every 6 hours worked in a calendar day. This break may be unpaid, employers have the right to require you to take this break.
- Must understand seasonal industry - shifts may be shortened as needed due to guest attendance, this is determined by your department and park management and effects international and domestic employees alike.
Required Job Training :Yes
Salary :$12.75/ hour (*Rates are subject to change)
Hours :approximately 32 hours average per week over the course of your program. Some weeks may be more, some weeks may be less. Limited training schedule during first 3 weeks.
Extra Hours :Depends
Possibiliity of a 2nd Job :
Dress code :• Uniform is provided. Must bring bathing suit, rubber sandals, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
• Must understand seasonal industry - shifts may be shortened as needed due to guest attendance, this is determined by your department and park management.
• No visible tattoos, clean shaven, no facial piercings or long hair for males.
• Uniform is provided. Must bring solid black sneakers with no visible logo.
Housing :Approximately $140-$145 per week/ person, payroll deducted. No partial weeks in housing. Housing week goes from Saturday - Friday. (*Rates are subject to change)
Housing Deposit Required :- Hotel style. One person per bed. One bed may be a rollaway cot or bunk bed. Microwave/Refrigerator in each room. Located within 30 miles of SFNE.
- Approximately $145 per week, payroll deducted. No partial weeks in housing. Housing week goes from Saturday - Friday.
- A housing deposit of $200 is due prior to arrival with 2 weeks rent. A total of $490 due in advance for housing. You will not be able to move in without advance payment.
- $150 of your housing deposit is eligible for return. $50 housing admin set up and supervision fee is non refundable. Refunded 45-60 days after all students move out of housing.
Transportation to work :You will take private transportation from housing to work each day. Transportation included in weekly cost of rent. You are not paid for time spent in transportation to and from work.
Meal benefits Required :Discount
Nearest Airport :Bradley International Airport (BDL)
Additional Information :
All information (pay rate, rent, deposit, etc.) is subject to change within reasonable mean
to reflect the nature of each placement without prior notice.