Job Title :-Theme Park Worker
Start Date :May 13 - 31, 2019 * Program Dates are subjected to change without prior notice. *
End Date :August 31, 2019 *student must be able to work until the end date required by the employer * Program Dates are subjected to change without prior notice. *
Skill Required :Advanced English skills for interacting with customers, must pass Discovery Training and lifeguard training upon arrival to be offered a job.
Detailed Description :*Theme Park Worker: Entry level seasonal position for one of the following departments
- Food Service: Prepare and serve food and drink products to guests. Keeping each location safe and sanitary for employees and guests and ready for any health inspection. Ability to stoop, crouch, and twist. Cashier position requires the ability to count and make change from a register or till bag.
- Games: Duties include making change, running or operating a game or attraction, and awarding prizes to those Guests that win.
- Park Services: Maintain clean restrooms by sweeping trash and emptying trash receptacles, and replacing full trash bags. Ability to bend, lift, push and pull. Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time as well as bending. Ability to handle bio-spill clean-up as trained. Ability to work with and around various chemicals as trained. Clean and prepare the park for the next operating day by hosing down streets, patios, back areas, and guest lines. Occasional cleaning of waterways and pools
- Ride Operations: Provide a safe and efficient ride experience through the loading, unloading, and overall operation of the park's rides. Cleaning of assigned area also required.
- Retail: Assist guests with merchandise sales and information at various retail locations and/or gift shops. Cleaning of assigned area. Restocking and display work also required.
Theme Park Worker – Will be assigned a position upon arrival. Could be placed in ride operations, retail, games, food service, or park service. All positions involve cleaning and standing for the duration of your shift! Must understand seasonal industry, shifts may be shortened as needed and determined by your department. This effects all employees.
*Lifeguard : Will be assigned a water park position upon arrival. Responsible for guest safety on water rides and slides.
- Must be able to climb multiple sets of stairs.
- Able to stand for your shift and work in and around water up to 3 feet deep. All positions involve cleaning!
- Must be able to: swim 100 yards without stopping, retrieve a 10lb brick in 8 feet of water, tread water without hands for 1 minute, and swim 10 feet underwater in 5 ft depth. Must be comfortable in water, work outside, stand for long periods of time.
- Must understand seasonal industry, shifts may be shortened as needed and determined by your department. This effects all employees.
- Must be able to complete and pass CPR training. Expect about 20 hours of training.
Will be assigned a water park aquatics position upon arrival. Responsible for guest safety on water rides and pools. Responsible for water rescue and to be ready to use CPR training at any time. Able to stand for your shift and work in and around water all day. All positions involve cleaning!
Required Job Training :Yes. Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions and stand for long periods of time. Processing and Discovery Training are required before any participant may begin their job position. Students must pass this paid training in order to be offered a job position with Six Flags. Upon successful completion of the Discovery Training, you will be assigned your job position (see above descriptions) based on department need.
Salary :$10.00 per hour. *rate is subject to change
Hours :Average 32-40 hours / week
Extra Hours :possible
Possibiliity of a 2nd Job :You may have a second job as long as it does not interfere at all with your Six Flags schedule.
Dress code :- Mandatory and provided with charge for one basic uniform. Must wear all black or white leather shoes with no visible logo.
- No visible tattoos, clean shaven, no facial piercings or long hair for males.
- Uniform is required and provided at no cost.
Housing :$80/week (Payroll deducted) บ้านพักอยู่ในสวนสนุก
Housing Deposit Required :Housing onsite! บ้านพักอยู่ในสวนสนุก Deposit: $300 (Due upon Arrival)
Pod Style, located on site at SFGA. One person per bed, two people per room, four people per pod. Comes with a small kitchenette and full bathroom.
A housing deposit of $300 is upon arrival. You will not be able to move in without
deposit payment. Housing Deposit Refund Policy – $300 of your housing deposit is eligible for return provided you honor the
commitment to your DS End Date and are not terminated for cause.
Transportation to work :Walking บ้านพักอยู่ในสวนสนุก
Meal benefits Required :Discount
Nearest Airport :John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) / Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
Additional Information :
All information (pay rate, rent, deposit, etc.) is subject to change within reasonable mean
to reflect the nature of each placement without prior notice.