Job Title :Restaurant Member
Start Date :May 1 - 12, 2019
End Date :August 4 - 31, 2019 ***student must be able to work until the end date required by the employer.
Skill Required :Previous experience working in a Restaurant preferred. Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills needed. You must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time. This position requires ability to work in a very fast paced environment.
Detailed Description :Looking for individuals who are self-motivated, detail-oriented, have a positive customer service attitude, strong communication skills, and teamwork. Previous experience working in a restaurant Kitchen, or Culinary students, preferred but not required.
Job Requirements: The Kitchen Helper position assists the Kitchen staff and is responsible for preparing food in a fast and efficient manner according to the standards set for the menu items; maintain high food quality standards as well as reasonable speed of preparation of all menu items; set up and breakdown of assigned work station as well as sanitation of immediate work area; lift heavy pots and pans up to 20 lbs.;washing dishes, and assisting in other areas of the restaurant as needed.
• Clean kitchen and other areas as assigned.
• Assist with kitchen prep.
• Bending & Reaching
• Lifting to 100-pound
• Standing for 8 hours or more
• Receiving and ordering product
• Making menu products
• Maintaining a clean work area.
• Communicating professionally with co-workers
• Stocking products
• Washing Dishes
• Recycling products
• Remaining calm in a hectic fast-paced atmosphere
• Demonstrating a high level of organization attention-to-detail and a sense-of-urgency
• Displaying a positive and outwardly friendly attitude toward guests and co-workers
Required Job Training :Yes
Salary :$10.00 per hour
Hours :Average 32 - 40 hours / week (You may work a variety of morning, afternoon and evening shifts.)
Extra Hours :Schedules will vary and is based on business needs- weekends and holidays are required.
Possibiliity of a 2nd Job :Second jobs are permitted. Employees must be available for every shift they are scheduled to work at Sunset Grille & Raw Bar and their second job must not interfere with their work performance.
Dress code :• Employees must present a neat and clean appearance at all times and must be in their uniforms when they clock-in and while working.
• Must have covered, non-slip shoes. No sandals.
• Uniform cost will be deducted from paycheck.
• Employer reserves the right to conduct random drug testing
Housing :$100 per week/ per person
Housing Deposit Required :• Employer arranged housing consists 2-3 participants sharing a bedroom.
• Housing is completely furnished and all bedding, and utilities are included.
• Located within walking and biking distance of your work location, shopping, night life and beaches.
$100 housing deposit is required at time of move in. Housing deposit will be returned to you, at the end of your employment, provided you complete the work dates agreed to in your job offer and do not move out of housing early. Any damage caused to the housing will be deducted from your housing deposit. Housing Deposit and First week of Rent due at time of move in - Total $200.00 due at time of move in.
Transportation to work :Your housing will be located within walking/biking distance to your assigned work location.
Meal benefits Required :Discounted meals are provided to employees during their shift.
Nearest Airport :Norfolk International Airport (ORF)
Additional Information :
All information (pay rate, rent, deposit, etc.) is subject to change within reasonable mean
to reflect the nature of each placement without prior notice.