Westin Portland has a rich history in New England. Originally built as the Eastland Hotel in 1927, the property was the largest hotel in
New England and quickly became a landmark to the city of Portland. For almost 100 years, this hotel has been a center point of
cultural events in the city, including hosting celebrities, society weddings, and more.
In 2011, the hotel changed ownership, and its grand legacy continues as the revitalized Westin Portland Harborview.
Westin Portland Harborview is located in the heart of the vibrant Arts District in downtown Portland. Step outside and discover the
many things to do in Portland, Maine including the Portland Museum of Art, the State Theatre, Cross Insurance Arena and more. A
short walk takes you to Portland’s Old Port district and Casco Bay. Whether you’re looking forward to a restful weekend to unwind and
recharge, a celebratory trip, a beautiful Portland, Maine wedding or a productive business meeting, you’ll find everything you need at
this beautiful historic hotel.
Job Title :ตำแหน่ง Line Cook เรท $14.75/hour
ตำแหน่ง Prep Cook เรท $13.75/hour
Start Date :June1 - 15, 2020
End Date :August 31 - Sep 7, 2020 ***student must be able to work until the end date required by the employer.
Skill Required :Intermediate. •Requires previous line cook experience •Employees should be approachable and should have strong English and communication skills.
Detailed Description :Line Cook: The Line Cook prepares menu items according to Westin recipes. Completes all assigned prep work. Sets up work station according to station diagram. Practices sanitary and safe food handling at all times. Cleans and sanitizes the work area before, during and after shift. Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects. This position requires previous Line Cook experience. Line Cook Responsibilities Include:
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- preparing/cooking food in your station accurately and efficiently
- setting up and cleaning your station
- maintaining inventory
- other duties as assigned
Prep Cook: The primary duty of the Prep Cook is to prepare high quality food to order for guests based on established guidelines, keep work area
clean and organized and conduct his or her self in a positive professional manner. You will work a variety of morning, afternoon and evening shifts. Your schedule will vary week to week depending on the needs of your employer. It may not be possible to have a set schedule each week.Working on the weekends and holidays is required.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
• Comply at all times with New Castle standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Preparation of Outlet, Banquet and any other food requirements.
• Requisitioning of food, beverage and dry goods from the storeroom.
• Check daily food requirements and prepare them accordingly.
• Ensure that refrigerators, freezers, working areas and kitchen are kept clean.
• Ensure that equipment is functioning, sanitized and that any maintenance is reported to Kitchen Management.
• Ensure strict control of waste and portion and help to control food quality and cost using standard recipe methods, pictures and maintain low inventory.
• Design specials for the day when required. Required
Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills will be needed. You must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time. This position requires being able to work in a very fast paced environment. Previous Kitchen experience required.
Required Job Training :All employees are subject to drug screening upon arrival.
Salary :ตำแหน่ง Line Cook เรท $14.75 per hour / ตำแหน่ง Prep Cook เรท $13.75 per hour
Hours :Average 32 hours per week
Extra Hours :$20.63-$22.13
Possibiliity of a 2nd Job :It is possible for participants to obtain a second job, but the second job must not interfere with the schedule for your job at the Westin. Intrax participants are not permitted to work a second job without first receiving approval from Intrax.
Dress code :Men's facial hair should be clean shaven and hair above collar length. Good personal hygiene is a must. Clean presentable and conservative in appearance.
Housing :- Must Arrange Own ** นักศึกษาต้องหาบ้านพักด้วยตนเอง**หรือติดต่อขอข้อมูลแนะนำบ้านพักจากทางองค์กรแลกเปลี่ยนได้
Housing Deposit Required :- Must Arrange Own ** นักศึกษาต้องหาบ้านพักด้วยตนเอง**หรือติดต่อขอข้อมูลแนะนำบ้านพักจากทางองค์กรแลกเปลี่ยนได้
Transportation to work :
Meal benefits Required :
Nearest Airport :Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
Additional Information :
Portland is the largest city in the state of Maine. Portland is famous for its Arts District, which features several museums, galleries,
theaters, and studios. The city is also well known for its many historic parks, hiking trails, and bay beaches.
Tourists visit Portland’s historic Old Port district along Portland Harbor. The seal of the city is a phoenix rising from the ashes, which
references Portland’s recoveries from several fires in its early history. Climate: Average high temperatures in the summer are around 78 degrees F (26 Celsius). Temperatures are cooler at night due to location by the ocean.
All information (pay rate, rent, deposit, etc.) is subject to change within reasonable mean
to reflect the nature of each placement without prior notice.