Job Title :Lifeguard
Start Date :June 1st - 16th, 2020
End Date :Aug 31st - Sep 7th, 2020
Skill Required :Advanced English Skill
Detailed Description :Lifeguard : $9.00/hr
Lifeguards ensure a safe and healthy environment for swimmers at Wilderness at the Smokies. They monitor guests and the resorts’ pools and pool areas and must recognize and react properly in emergency situations.
-Lifeguards will be working in or near chlorine
-Lifeguards will be working in direct sunlight and may be standing, sitting, or walking for long periods of time while on shift. This is a physical job.
You must be able to do the following:
- The ability to stand for long hours at a time
- The ability to kneel, crouch, and bend.
- The ability to see and respond to dangerous situations.
- The ability to work in unpredictible weather: rain, wind, cooler and hot temperatures.
- The ability to wear personal protective gear correctly most of the day: sunglasses, sunscreen, hats, and drink tons water!
Duties may include but are not limited to;
- Checking and maintaining chemical levels in the pools and operating the pool filtration system
- Cleaning the pool and pool areas
- Enforcing pool area rules and gate control
- Removing trash from the waterpark
- Cleaning bathrooms and toilets as assigned
- Various other job duties as assigned.
-Swim a distance of 300 yards (275 meters) using a front crawl freestyle stroke or breaststroke without resting
-Complete a feet-first surface dive, retrieve a 10 pound (4.5 kilograms) brick from the bottom of a 10 foot deep (3 meters deep) pool, and bring the brick to the surface of the pool
-Tread water in a pool for 2 minutes without using their arms and without resting
Required Job Training :Yes
Salary :$9.00 per hour
Hours :Average 32 hours / week
Extra Hours :
Possibiliity of a 2nd Job :possible
Dress code :Participants are required to bring sandals to be worn at all times while on shift. Sandals must have back straps. Sandals without straps around the heels are not allowed.
The employer will provide one uniform shirt, one uniform swimsuit, and one set of uniform sunglasses to participants at no cost. If participants would like to purchase additional uniform items, they may purchase them at Wilderness at the Smokies
Housing :$95/week/person (*Rates are subject to change)
Housing Deposit Required :Rent is $95 per person, per week, and will be deducted from each paycheck.
$440 is due upon arrival to property ($250 deposit, $95 first week rent and $95 last week rent).
Note: $100 of the deposit is refundable at end of program.
Dormitory style housing with 4 people per room and 1 shared bathroom per room.
Bunkbeds, closet and basic linens provided in room (sheet set, pillow case, pillow, towel and washcloth).
Shared kitchen with numerous stoves, microwaves, refrigerators and tables available.
TV and wifi provided.
Transportation to work :Walk / Bike / Bus
Meal benefits Required :
Nearest Airport :McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS)
Additional Information :
All information (pay rate, rent, deposit, etc.) is subject to change within reasonable mean
to reflect the nature of each placement without prior notice.