Job Title :Food Attendant & Cook
All students should be interviewed by Xanterra managers thru Skype prior to arrival to the USA
Start Date :Mar 15 - Apr 15, 2019
End Date :May 25 - Jun 15, 2019
Skill Required :Upper Intermediate to Advanced English Skill.
Detailed Description :• Food/Cafeteria Attendant & Cook: Employee will be placed in a position upon arrival based on skills and employer’s needs.
• Students need to be outgoing and willing to do positions that are of service level.
• Positions responsible for food preparation, cleaning tables, cafeteria work, clean restrooms, fast food operation, dish/pot machine operation, maintenance of sanitation standards in kitchen, dining room and snack bar and Ice-cream scooping.
• Students should be ready to prepare, serve food, fast food operation, dish machine, clean table, maintain sanitation standard. •Dishwashing, food and veggies preparation. Be physically fit.
• Work schedule on week-days, week-ends, holidays Read and understand: the Food Attendant and Cook Job Description
• Students to expect to be flexible in working various positions
• Cell phone usage while working is not allowed!
Much depends on the economic conditions in the U.S. during your employment here. We can make no guarantee of overtime or the availability of second (part-time) jobs. If you find a part-time job, please make sure that you prioritize your obligation to your primary employer. J-1 Participants are not allowed to get a part-time/new job without sponsor’s approval and vetting
Your job may not be available if you arrive late. When you obtain your travel university schedule prior to your travel arrangements. You must obtain approval from Janus International and/or your employer of any changes in your Job Start or Job Ending dates prior to your arrival in the U.S. If your employer is unable to accept that change, they have the right to cancel your Job Agreement. After your arrival in the U.S., any unauthorized employment transfer may result in program cancellation
Required Job Training :Yes
Hours :Average 32 - 40 hours / week
Extra Hours :possible
Possibiliity of a 2nd Job :
Dress code :Uniform is provided. No charge if returned. Please bring the following items with you:
1. Nice Black slack pants (no jeans, no yoga, no leggings pants, can’t be form fit)
2. Tuck in shirts
3. Comfortable shoes with no open-toes
4. Black or brown belt
Yes. Facial hair for men should be clean shaven and hair above collar length. Good personal hygiene is a must, including daily shower and bath and use of deodorant. No visible tattoos or facial piercing during work
Housing :$14.00 + tax per day ($98 per week) per student for housing and 3 meals!
Housing Deposit Required :• Payroll Deduction Upon a satisfactory check out of employee’s room, final pay check will be issued with or without a room cleaning charge Dormitory type of housing with 2 to 4 students in 1 room
• NO Drug, Alcohol and Tobacco allowed Housing!
Transportation to work :Employer is providing transportation assistance with employee shuttle.
Students need to arrange with agreeable dates for Xanterra company shuttle to pick students at the airport. Must contact Xanterra Mt. Rushmore manager prior to your flight to Rapid City Airport. Employer’s e-mail and phone number, please see on your Job Offer. Otherwise pay taxi fare for the trip from Rapid City Regional Airport. Fees are based on distance and occupancy
Meal benefits Required :Yes (meals provided at employee cafeteria)
Nearest Airport :Rapid City Airport (RAP)
Additional Information :
All information (pay rate, rent, deposit, etc.) is subject to change within reasonable mean
to reflect the nature of each placement without prior notice.