Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) is an action-packed European-themed park with 17th century charm and 21st century technology boasting more than 300 acres of unparalleled fun and adventure. BGW is voted to be the world’s “Most Beautiful” and “Favorite” theme park.
Busch Gardens Williamsburg is home to Water Country USA (WCUSA) the mid-Atlantic’s largest family water park featuring the greatest state-of-the-art water ride and attractions spectacular entertainment shopping and restaurants – all set to a colorful 1950’s and 60’s surf theme.
Along with fun jobs, housing and a great work atmosphere, International Participants can also take part in the Busch Gardens Educational program for employees. Participants are offered the opportunity to attend seminars and classes on Guest Services and Hospitality Management. Participants who take part in these programs will be receive Certificates of Completion for these programs.
For more detailed information about jobs at Busch Gardens Williamsburg/ Water Country USA visit: https://buschgardens.com/williamsburg/
F & B Ambassador
• Our Food & Beverage Department offers a variety of positions in our restaurants, snack shops, and kiosk operations. Participants may be placed in one location or may be crossed trained to work in multiple locations. Participants will be placed at the Busch Gardens Park or Water Country USA Park. Your exact placement may be determined during your interview or after your arrival. All participants should be prepared and willing to work in either park and be willing to assist in other areas as needed.
• Food & Beverage Team Members have duties including preparing and serving food items, cashiering and cleaning. We maintain an exceptional standard of quality and service for our guests.
- Ride Operations Team Members are responsible for operating rides but should also be prepared to assist in selling tickets, cleaning and stocking bathrooms, keeping pathways clear of debris, directing traffic and performing a number of other duties throughout the park. All positions require a high level of customer contact and good customer service skills.
Our Merchandise Operations Department offers a variety of positions in our gift shops and kiosk operations in Busch Gardens and in WaterCountry USA. Participants may be placed in one location, or may be crossed trained to work in several locations. This position may work in Busch Gardens or WaterCountry USA and you may have the opportunity to work in both locations.
Merchandise Operations Team Members have duties including assisting guests by selling gifts, stocking shelves, sweeping, dusting and working with a cash register. We maintain an exceptional standard of quality and service for our guests.
As a Guest Arrival Ambassador, you’ll provide the highest level of guest service and satisfaction. Your positive attitude and can-do spirit will make all the difference as you help create positive, lasting memories for our guests. You will:
- Greet and interact with guests through their arrival and departure
- Answer questions and resolve guest issues
- Advise guests on show times and attraction information
- Facilitate an organized guest traffic flow
- Maintain cleanliness of all assigned areas
- Sell admission and in-park ancillary products to upgrade our guests experience
- Perform other duties as assigned
Shallow Water Lifeguard
Shallow Water Guards are responsible for ensuring the smooth and safe operation of our rides for the enjoyment of our guests. These employees can work in pools up to 4 feet deep and are also responsible for the cleanliness of their attraction and work area.
All participants hired for Shallow Water Lifeguard must pass the Lifeguard Certification course. If a student cannot pass certification, or does not meet all requirements, the employer will relocate the student to another position in the park based on park needs.
• Due to the nature of outdoor business Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Water Country USA does not guarantee work hours during periods of bad weather.
• Although some weeks may have less than 32 hours per week, you can expect to average 32 hours per week or more over the course of your program.
• Due to the outdoor nature of the business, there may be times where you will work less hours if the weather is bad for long periods of time. This is not expected, but is always a possibility. Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Water Country USA will make every possible effort to ensure you meet the “average” 32 hours per week of more over the course of your program. You should expect there will be times where you will be scheduled a larger amount of hours and it is not unusual to be scheduled 40-50+ hours a week at certain times of the year. Extra work hours may be available in other Departments if assistance is needed.
• Job changes are extremely rare and not guaranteed. Request are handled on a case by case basis.
We are looking for team members with a positive attitude lots of energy and an ability to make guest and kid-centered decisions and very good communication skills. Must be willing to work outside and be on your feet for long periods of time.
Men must have collar length or shorter hair, no piercings are permitted. Women may have limited piercings. No visible tattoos, no unnatural hair coloring, no strong perfumes or colognes. Daily bath or shower required and daily use of deodorant.
Employees must be in clean pressed authorized uniforms during all working hours and employees should be generally conservative in appearance. Uniforms are provided at no cost. Employees must purchase shoes after receiving job assignment. Job assignment dictates shoe wear needs.