Housing is located in a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom home in the Cleveland Suburb of Strongsville, Ohio. 5-7 participants will share the home. Approximately 2-3 people per bedroom. Depending on the number of participants, some bedrooms may be single occupancy. The home is fully furnished with beds, dressers, linens, couches, tables, lamps and all furnishings expected in a home. Fully equipped kitchen, laundry room, and dining rooms. All utilities are included. The home will be shared with both male and female participants, though bedrooms will be separated by gender.
Housing is located a 20-30 minute drive from the Zoo and the Host Company will provide transportation to and from work. Housing is located approximately a 5 minute bike ride/ 15 minute walk from public transportation, shopping, and more.
Northeast Ohio’s most-visited year-round attraction, Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is open daily and is located just minutes from downtown Cleveland, Ohio.
The Zoo is home to more than 2,000 exotic animals representing 600 species from six of the world’s seven continents. Guests can explore the jungles of The Rainforest, experience elephants like never before in African Elephant Crossing, roam the Outback of Australian Adventure, take in the grassy plains of African Savanna, journey through the wilds of Wilderness Trek, discover the exotic at the Primate, Cat & Aquatics Building and stroll along scenic Waterfowl Lake. Take a spin on the Circle of Wildlife Carousel and explore the Nature Discovery Ridge play area.
The zoo features seven main exhibits, including a five-acre elephant crossing, an eight-acre Australian habitat and an African savannah that’s so realistic that if it weren’t for the sidewalks, strollers and school groups, you’d think you were watching the bonteboks feed in Namibia.
If you’re looking for an exciting location to spend your Work Travel Program then the Cleveland Zoo is the place for you!
Find Your Wild Side at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo!
The Guest Services Associate provides exceptional customer service to zoo guests in a friendly, personable manner at all times. The Guest Service Associate assists guests by providing information, access control by verifying tickets and memberships, providing parking lot control, operating attractions, and directing traffic and pedestrian flow.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Directs traffic, pedestrian flow, and parking in a safe efficient manner
- Accurately compares tickets with type, time, date, and prevents unauthorized entry into the Zoo/Rainforest and other exhibits.
- Acts as a host/hostess at tram/train stops
- Answers inquiries of visitors and provides information regarding activities and special events.
- Engages guests in a friendly and positive manner.
- Operates smaller attractions such as giraffe feed, carousel, camels, Yagga Tree, and Contact Yard as assigned.
- Conducts surveys.
- Keeps direct supervisor promptly informed of key/significant issues or concerns.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner to maintain a safe work environment and surrounding area for oneself, co-workers and public. Responds to hazardous situations and/or potentially unsafe conditions by taking corrective action as capable and promptly notifying supervisory personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.