*นายจ้างจะพิจารณาผ่านทางคลิปแนะนำตัว น้องๆจะทราบผลประมาณ 2-4 สัปดาห์หลังจาก 1 กุมภาพันธ์ 2566*
🚨 แจ้งเลือกภายใน12 กุมภาพันธ์ 2566 เท่านั้น!
Housing is located in a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom home in the Cleveland Suburb of Strongsville, Ohio. 5-7 participants will share the home. Approximately 2-3 people per bedroom. Depending on the number of participants, some bedrooms may be single occupancy. The home is fully furnished with beds, dressers, linens, couches, tables, lamps and all furnishings expected in a home. Fully equipped kitchen, laundry room, and dining rooms. All utilities are included. The home will be shared with both male and female participants, though bedrooms will be separated by gender.
Housing is located a 20-30 minute drive from the Zoo and the Host Company will provide transportation to and from work. Housing is located approximately a 5 minute bike ride/ 15 minute walk from public transportation, shopping, and more.
Northeast Ohio’s most-visited year-round attraction, Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is open daily and is located just minutes from downtown Cleveland, Ohio.
The Zoo is home to more than 2,000 exotic animals representing 600 species from six of the world’s seven continents. Guests can explore the jungles of The Rainforest, experience elephants like never before in African Elephant Crossing, roam the Outback of Australian Adventure, take in the grassy plains of African Savanna, journey through the wilds of Wilderness Trek, discover the exotic at the Primate, Cat & Aquatics Building and stroll along scenic Waterfowl Lake. Take a spin on the Circle of Wildlife Carousel and explore the Nature Discovery Ridge play area.
The zoo features seven main exhibits, including a five-acre elephant crossing, an eight-acre Australian habitat and an African savannah that’s so realistic that if it weren’t for the sidewalks, strollers and school groups, you’d think you were watching the bonteboks feed in Namibia.
If you’re looking for an exciting location to spend your Work Travel Program then the Cleveland Zoo is the place for you!
Find Your Wild Side at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo!
Guest Services Associate/Service Maintenance Worker
- In this position you will have the opportunity to work in both roles. You will start with a two-week rotation of each position. After the rotation, there could be an option to continue in one of the roles or remain on rotation from Guest Services Associate and Service Maintenance Worker for the remainder of your program.
- The Guest Services Associate provides exceptional customer service to zoo guests in a friendly, personable manner at all times, assists guests by providing information, access control by verifying tickets and memberships, providing parking lot control, operating attractions, and directing traffic and pedestrian flow.
- The Service Maintenance Worker will provide daily care and maintenance of the zoo grounds and facilities. You will interact with the guest with exceptional customer service and assist guests you come in contact with any questions they might have.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Directs traffic, pedestrian flow, and parking in a safe efficient manner
- Accurately compares tickets with type, time, date, and prevents unauthorized entry into the Zoo/Rainforest and other exhibits.
- Acts as a host/hostess at tram/train stops
- Answers inquiries of visitors and provides information regarding activities and special events.
- Engages guests in a friendly and positive manner.
- Operates smaller attractions such as giraffe feed, carousel, camels, Yagga Tree, and Contact Yard as assigned.
- Conducts surveys.
- Keeps direct supervisor promptly informed of key/significant issues or concerns.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner to maintain a safe work environment and surrounding area for oneself, co-workers and public. Responds to hazardous situations and/or potentially unsafe conditions by taking corrective action as capable and promptly notifying supervisory personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Primary responsibilities of the Service Maintenance Worker include:
- Prepares for the zoo opening by cleaning public areas, maintaining a clean, safe, and ready environment throughout the day, and perform closing cleaning duties each day
- Provides regular daily cleaning of restrooms as assigned. Restocks restrooms to provide fully stocked facility for visitors. Performs no fewer than four spot checks on all restrooms throughout the shift (during open hours) and performs any custodial maintenance needed.
- Cleans all public paths in the zoo each morning and throughout the day. Remove all trash and debris from pathways throughout the day.
- Cleans all picnic shelters and all picnic tables as needed.
- Performs regular cleaning (as needed) of all children’s playground areas.
- Collects trash and recycling materials (some recycle sorting required) from all receptacles each day.
- Performs other various duties as assigned including assisting with crowd control, as directed; performs routine and scheduled cleaning maintenance of all zoo vehicles and equipment, maintains necessary records, cleans all window glass, floors and carpeting and drains, and cleans and maintains all common staff areas and offices.
- Operates basic janitorial equipment, as well as handheld equipment and tools, such as blowers, rakes, brooms, shovels, etc.
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo will be the primary employer. A second job in the community is possible; however, a second job must not impact your hours of work with the parks.
Participants are not permitted to work a second job without receiving US Sponsor approval first.
You will work a variety of mornings, afternoons, and evenings. A set schedule may not be possible.
Most weeks, you will be scheduled Thursday-Monday and will have Tuesday and Wednesday off. This may vary as needed.
All Cleveland Metroparks employees must be prepared to work flexible schedules, including evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as required.
Additional Hours Details:
You will work an average of 32 hours per week over the course of your program. Some weeks may be more, some may be less. Due to the nature of our outdoor business a set amount of hours cannot be guaranteed each week.
We are looking for team members with a positive attitude lots of energy and an ability to make guest and kid-centered decisions and very good communication skills.
Must be willing to work outside and be on your feet for long periods of time.
The employer will provide the basic required uniform. Employees are required to purchase their own shoes.
This position requires working outdoors in all weather conditions, including when raining and in direct sunlight in very warm weather. Supply cost will vary.