Virginia Beach, VA
Typical Schedule: Employees can plan on working 5-6 days a week; 6-8 hours per day. Schedules rotate and include weekends; morning and evenings. Working holidays is also to be expected.
Position Description: Housemen are mainly responsible for assisting housekeepers in their duties. You must be able to lift heavy linens and towels and push heavy carts around the hotel. Housemen deliver linens, towels, and other room necessities to the Housekeepers in the hotel. Houseman are expected to meet the established standards of cleanliness and to assure guest satisfaction. Essential duties include: removing trash, minor projects, stocking supplies/linens, laundry, assisting in housekeeping department stocking storerooms, removing dirty linens and trash from public areas of hotel and other duties as assigned by a manager.
- Duties include: removing trash, stocking supplies/linens, pushing wheeled carts loaded with housekeeping supplies
- Be in proper uniform, clean and presses with name tag. Must wear socks and dark, non-slip, closed toe, flat shoes.
- Complete daily section report as instructed by supervisor.
- Turn in lost and found items immediately to the supervisor.
- Keep housekeeping carts stocked, clean and orderly.
- Provide assistance to co-workers and guests as needed.
- Report all guest accidents and employee injuries to a supervisor immediately.
- Notify supervisor of any guests complaints or comments.
- Acknowledge and greet guest immediately when passing in the hall and elevator.
- Perform other necessary duties upon request or management.
- Must be aware and practice all emergency and safety procedures.
- Work flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
Supplies Required: Shirt and pant will be provided. Tennis shoes/Athletic shoes required.
Additional Information: Appropriate grooming for client facing role. Be free of communicable diseases, which can be transmitted during normal work activity.
Second Job: Yes