pay off the total balance sooner. RENT MUST BE PAID IN FULL BY August 10th.
Kitchen Staff (13.50 per hour)
English Level: Advanced
Typical Schedule: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Shifts
Your shifts will vary with a variety of morning, afternoon and evening shifts. Working weekends and holidays is required
Position Description: As a member of the Back of House/Kitchen staff your responsibilities are key to the restaurant’s success. At Mr. Baldy’s Family Restaurant, you will be considered an all-around culinary employee and will learn to work in many different positions including primarily: Dishwasher – Prep Cook- Cook.
- Employees will learn various stations in the back of house and kitchen.
- Work preparing food items including poultry, beef, and pork.
- Work cooking food items, including poultry, beef, and pork.
- Other food preparation as needed.
- Operate the dishwasher and clean dishes and utensils as needed
- Cleaning the Kitchen as needed.
- Working with sanitation products needed to clean stations and kitchen
- Additional responsibilities as requested by the Kitchen Manager.
Skills Required: You must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time. This position requires being able to work in a very fast paced environment. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Supplies Required: First company shirt provided at no cost. Second company shirt is $15. Participants are required to wear black pants and black non-slip closed-toe shoes; pants and shoes are not provided by your employer.
Second Job: Yes
Server (2.13 per hour + tips)
English Level: Intermediate to Advanced English
- Greet guests promptly and courteously, reviews specials and menu options
- Service of food and beverage to include order taking, delivery, and clearing of any food or beverage items
- Maintain service station, before, during and after shift to ensure proper set up and cleanliness. Takes the orders and inputs the order
- Confirm ready orders for accuracy, then runs them from kitchen to guest, as part of team service. Before departing from table, ensure guests are satisfied with their meal
Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service, including drink refills, pre-bussing and removal of empty plates
- Deliver check promptly, completes transaction and thanks guest for coming in. Abide by all state, federal and restaurant liquor policies to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests
- Ability to operate computerized POS system, make change accurately
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, in a friendly and professional manner
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, written and verbal
- Ability to stand, walk, and carry food trays for prolonged period of time
Schedules: Schedules will vary and is based on business needs- weekends and holidays are required. Friends traveling together cannot be guaranteed the same day off or the same scheduled shift. Please be prepared for this.
Grooming and Appearance guidelines:
- Uniform shirt must be kept clean and neat.
- Jeans/pants must not be faded torn or have designs on them.
- If hair is longer than shoulder length employee must tie it back.
- Facial hair is acceptable but employee must look well groomed at all times.
- Employees are expected to maintain good personal hygiene.
- Taking guests’ orders
- Running food
- Handling cash & other forms of payment
- Making proficient sales transactions – using a point-of-sale system
- Properly checks I.D.s – for guests who appear to be under 30 years old
- Demonstrating responsible alcohol service
- Demonstrating impeccable product knowledge
- Suggestive selling – using proven techniques
- Properly reading items on order tickets
- Assembling orders – double checking product quality
- Demonstrating knowledge of all table/station numbers
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager
Supplies Required: Work shirt and apron provided to participants, at a cost of $30. Participants are required to wear black pants and black non-slip closed-toe shoes; pants and shoes are not provided by your employer
Second Job: Yes