South Yarmouth, MA
Shaw’s is an upscale grocery store located in one of the most famous areas of the United States; Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
Operating with core values such as hard work, family, and a principle of serving the customer first, Shaw’s has become the iconic grocery chain that it is today.
At Shaw’s , we pride ourselves on our unique blend of grocery and general merchandise retail offerings.
Located near the fabulous beaches of Cape Cod, the Islands of Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket, and within 1/12 hours of such famous American cities as Boston, MA and Plymouth, MA What better way to experience your Work Travel program than working at Shaw’s and experiencing part of “every day” American life?
Summer sun, sand, fun and wonderful experiences await!
Although you will be hired as an overall Grocery Store Clerk, You will be placed in one of the following positions upon arrival to Shaw’s: Service Clerk/Cashier, Deli Clerk ,Bakery Clerk, Produce Clerk, Seafood Clerk, Grocery Clerk, or Meat Clerk. You may also be asked to work in any of these departments as needed.
***Please note that you will be working in air conditioned or refrigerated environments, which can be cold. Please be prepared to wear extra layers of clothing if you get cold easily.
The Grocery Clerk is responsible for assisting and serving customers in the Grocery Department, including stocking the grocery shelves, Health and Beauty Care items, Dairy and Frozen Food cases as well as other items in the store. Grocery clerks also unload truck deliveries.
The Grocery Clerk is responsible for :
- Answering customer questions and assisting them when needed.
- Load and unload product weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Lift cases weighing 5-60 pounds.
- Open boxes and other containers and unpack product.
- Stock shelves, freezers and refrigerators on a regular basis.
- Break down boxes ( flatten) and take to storage area.
- Assist in keeping the store clean.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time; Must be able to work in the cold; Must be able to work with cleaning and sanitation products; Performing duties which require bending, reaching, and/or lifting; Lifting & transporting up to 25/30/50/100 pounds.
During the first two weeks of training you should expect to have 15-20 hours per week.
Please expect that you will get less hours the first two weeks of work, while you are training.