Bar Harbor, Maine
Advanced English skills are required.
The Prep Cook / Kitchen Helper : works in the kitchen and helps with communications between the back of the house (kitchen staff) and front of the house (serving staff).
Prep Cook / Kitchen Helper Duties
- Helping prepare the dishes that are served,
- Bulk preparation of various food items & vegetables
- Storing food, food preparation, plate presentation, portion control, and maintaining sanitation standards.
- Help communicate orders and information between the front of house and back of house
- Restocking station making sure you have all the products and garnishes for service.
- Setting up and breaking down expo station. Cleaning, sweeping and organizing
The Steward, also known as Dishwasher, keeps kitchen areas, restaurant equipment, dishes and utensils in a clean and orderly condition.
Dishwasher washes dishes and assists in cleaning and maintaining food preparation areas.
• Load and unload automatic dish washing machine with dishes, glassware and utensils
• Operate automatic dish washing machine
• Wash pots and pans, kitchen equipment, and other items as needed, by hand
• Inspect all items for appropriate cleanliness
• Place clean items in appropriate storage locations
• Perform kitchen prep work
• Sweep and mop floors
• Sort and remove trash and glass, and properly dispose in designated pickup areas
• Bus restaurant tables as needed
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Observe health and safety precautions required to protect people and property
• All other duties as assigned